- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian Kitchen & Bath Remodel > Episode 2: Foundation Work, Roofing, and Installing French Doors
Demolition and Reconstruction of Victorian Foundation
Project: Victorian Kitchen & Bath Remodel, Episode 2, Part 1
Bob and contractor Tim Berky review the newly poured foundation that's been pointed in order to blend with the existing Victorian foundation. The new 5' x 16' mudroom addition is framed and topped with a hip roof that will be sheathed in copper. Also, Berky and his crew install new Pella French doors. These solid-wood framed, double-paned, argon-filled, low-e glass doors let in light, retain warmth, prevent heat gain, and have a triple-latch system for added security.
- Part 1: Demolition and Reconstruction of Victorian Foundation
- General contractor Tim Berky updates Bob on progress since the footing for the new foundation was poured and repairs to the original foundation were made.
- Part 2: Removing Horsehair Plaster and Door Framing
- Part 3: Installing High-Performance French Doors
Bob Vila undertakes the partial remodel of a historic Victorian home in Rowley, MA. The house is a classic New England gem with many partitioned rooms, plus the added appeal of a large yard with preserved wetlands beyond. From permits and approvals to the addition of a mudroom and deck, this project focuses on family space.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN KITCHEN & BATH REMODEL
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?