- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 5: Finishing the Basement, Framing the Family Room, and Touring a Sawmill
Adding a Third-Floor Dormer to the Roof
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 5, Part 3
In the basement, groundwork is being laid for a useful finished space. To save headroom, plumbing waste pipes have been laid in trenches in the existing floor and a new concrete slab is poured over it. Ryley and crew frame a new dormer for the family room. Bob visits a Georgia-Pacific sawmill in Georgia.
- Part 1: Pumping Concrete to Make a Basement Floor
- Part 2: Touring a Georgia-Pacific Lumber Mill
- Part 3: Adding a Third-Floor Dormer to the Roof
- Bob meets up with carpenter Bob Ryley, who is adding two third-floor dormers to the roof in keeping with the house's original one. Ryley will be constructing a shed dormer with a hip dormer above it. Prefabricating some of the work has sped things up. The new dormer looks like a pyramid. In the basement, final steel trowel work is done so the floor will have a smoother finish.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?