- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 5: Finishing the Basement, Framing the Family Room, and Touring a Sawmill
Touring a Georgia-Pacific Lumber Mill
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 5, Part 2
In the basement, groundwork is being laid for a useful finished space. To save headroom, plumbing waste pipes have been laid in trenches in the existing floor and a new concrete slab is poured over it. Ryley and crew frame a new dormer for the family room. Bob visits a Georgia-Pacific sawmill in Georgia.
- Part 1: Pumping Concrete to Make a Basement Floor
- Part 2: Touring a Georgia-Pacific Lumber Mill
- Bob tours a Georgia-Pacific lumber mill with Randi Bonanni, who outlines the harvesting and mill processes and discusses safety measures and quality control. This Sterling, GA, factory makes dimensional lumber.
- Part 3: Adding a Third-Floor Dormer to the Roof
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME