- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 6: Framing and Additions
Building a Metal Stud Wall in the Basement
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 6, Part 3
Interior framing and structural additions are well along, and Bob takes a look at the different uses of wooden and metal studs and how they’re constructed. Bob tours historic Longfellow House.
- Part 1: Installing Stud Lumber Partitioning for the Bathroom
- Part 2: Touring the Vassall-Craigie-Longfellow Historic House
- Part 3: Building a Metal Stud Wall in the Basement
- Bob meets carpenter Danny Ruffini to see how a metal stud wall is built in the basement. Working with steel has many benefits, including not having to worry about rust or termites. The wall is quickly installed and secured to the new concrete floor.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?