- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 11: Blueboard and Plastering Are Underway
Applying a Veneer Coat of Plaster over Blueboard
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 11, Part 3
Blue board and plastering are underway, and Bob gets quick tips from the pros on how to make the job go more smoothly. Ryley and Danny install a huge double window to let the sunlight pour into the new kitchen, and Bob takes us to Stockbridge, MA, to tour Naumkeag, a wonderful example of the grand Shingle Style by Stanford White.
- Part 1: Placing Windows on a Home's Facade
- Part 2: Touring the Shingle Style Naumkeag Historic House
- Part 3: Applying a Veneer Coat of Plaster over Blueboard
- Bob explains how the blue board and corner bead are attached, and talks about factory edge seams. Bob interviews Carlos Londono, a plastering contractor, who demonstrates how to apply a veneer coat of plaster over blue board. Bob tries it himself and points out that it is more difficult than it looks.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?