- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 13: Landscaping, Lighting, and Historical Painting
Painting with Historically Accurate Colors
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 13, Part 3
Work begins on the landscape around the house; Bob assesses the limited space with a landscape architect. An arborist is on site to start trimming the hemlocks away from the house. Inside, Bob explains the lighting and mechanical fixtures going into the walls, and Ryley installs a pocket door in the kitchen. An historical paint expert is on site to do some archaeology and help pinpoint the right colors for the house's exterior.
- Part 1: Beginning the Landscaping
- Part 2: Looking Behind the Walls and Installing a Pocket Door
- Part 3: Painting with Historically Accurate Colors
- Bob meets with Brian Powell, an architectural conservator from the Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities. Brian helps Bob determine the original 1897 exterior paint color scheme. They then look at different color combinations painted on the outside of the house, all of which are historically appropriate alternatives.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?