- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 14: Installing a Staircase and Chair Rail
Installing a Chair Rail and Restoring a Corner Cupboard
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 14, Part 3
An elaborate staircase gets installed in the kitchen, and plaster repair and ceramic tile installation get underway. Ryley installs a chair rail and replaces the glass in the doors of the dining room hutch.
- Part 1: Building a Kitchen Staircase
- Part 2: Repairing Plaster and Installing Ceramic Shower Tiles
- Part 3: Installing a Chair Rail and Restoring a Corner Cupboard
- In the dining room, carpenter Bob Ryley installs a chair rail, using a coping saw to cut the necessary pieces of railing and achieve an exact fit. Bob Vila then describes the restoration and replication process of the corner cupboard—one of the original features of the house. Carpenter Danny Ruffini is busy glazing the cabinet doors, using a hot glue gun to secure the glass to the frame. Ryley adds hinges and the doors are hung.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME