- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 16: Installing a Hardwood Floor
Installing a Herringbone-Patterned Floor
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 16, Part 1
A herringbone hardwood floor gets installed in the library, and the California Closet people explain how the dressing rooms are coming together in the master suite. A water purification system gets installed in the basement, and we take a tour of the Kinetico factory outside Cleveland, Ohio, and get a quick primer on water treatment issues.
- Part 1: Installing a Herringbone-Patterned Floor
- Bob starts with a quick review of the completed work in the kitchen. The floors have just been finished, though it will take a good month for the cabinets to be installed. Then Bob and carpenter Bob Ryley oversee the installation of a select white oak 18-inch herringbone-patterned floor in the den, which will essentially function as a home office. Bob describes the advantages of this type of flooring and discusses the techniques used by the installer, Chong Do.
- Part 2: Discussing Water Purification and Touring the Kinetico Plant near Cleveland, OH
- Part 3: Reviewing the Layout of Bob’s Walk-in Closet
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?