- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 20: Landscaping is Underway and Touring Frederick Law Olmsted's Home
Touring Fairsted, Frederick Law Olmsted's Home
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 20, Part 2
The landscape hardscape is underway: a special retaining wall product provides an elevated terrace, and the lower back yard terrace gets paved with bluestone. We visit the home of Frederick Law Olmsted, the landscape architect responsible for most of this country's great public parks.
- Part 1: Installing a Retaining Wall
- Part 2: Touring Fairsted, Frederick Law Olmsted's Home
- Bob visits Fairsted, the Brookline, MA, home of Frederick Law Olmsted, the landscape architect responsible for most of this country's great public parks. The tour focuses on the landscape, much of it unchanged since Olmsted's day, but Bob points out the historic house itself — an example of early Federal-period architecture from 1810—and its color scheme, similar to that of his own house.
- Part 3: Installing Bluestone Pavers on the Terrace
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?