- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 22: Installing Built-in Bookshelves, Lighting, Security, and Communication Systems
Retrofitting a Gas Light
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 22, Part 1
The library’s getting a new set of built-in bookshelves, and the alarm and phone systems are installed. The electrician refurbishes a period light fixture for use in the kitchen and installs a new, state-of-the-art Lightolier dimmer switch system. Ryley helps reconstruct the stairway balustrade that was disassembled for stripping.
- Part 1: Retrofitting a Gas Light
- Bob meets electrician Barry Driscoll, who is retrofitting an old gas light fixture to make a modern electrical one for the kitchen. Barry rewires the fixture from canopy to socket. Then Bob meets with Penny Henderson of Lightolier, who discusses the home's dimmer switch system and the benefits of controlling lighting for different scenarios. She demonstrates the lighting control Multiset for Bob.
- Part 2: Reconstructing the Stair Rail and Balusters
- Part 3: Installing Carpet on the Third Floor and Bathroom Tile
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?