- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 26: Touring the Completed House, Continued
Installing Restored Brass Door Hardware and Faux Finishing the Mantelpiece
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 26, Part 1
This is it! The house is finished, and Bob and the interior designers take a look at how all the fabrics, colors, and furnishings have come together. Kim Sweet puts the finishing touches on some spectacular faux painting jobs, Ryley installs a lockset in the powder room door, and we install Ketchum shower doors in the master bath. Bob shows off some of the latest gadgets like the Marvel wine cellarette and the handy WoodWaiter.
- Part 1: Installing Restored Brass Door Hardware and Faux Finishing the Mantelpiece
- Bob and Ryley install the restored door hardware. Architect Gregory Rochlin has had the lacquer-coated brass hardware intricately removed and numbered to ensure its proper placement in the finished house. Rochlin polishes the hardware with jeweler's rouge to return it to its polished brass original finish. Bob introduces a piece of furniture he has had in his home for a number of years. Featuring flame mahogany veneers and tiger maple, this piece is the inspiration for the faux-finished mantle in the den. Artist Kim Sweet uses layer upon layer of colors and finishes to recreate the antique wood finish.
- Part 2: Touring the Completed Home Interior, Entryway, and Dining Room
- Part 3: Installing Custom Shower Doors, Bath Hardware, and CO Detectors
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?