- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 26: Touring the Completed House, Continued
Installing Custom Shower Doors, Bath Hardware, and CO Detectors
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 26, Part 3
This is it! The house is finished, and Bob and the interior designers take a look at how all the fabrics, colors, and furnishings have come together. Kim Sweet puts the finishing touches on some spectacular faux painting jobs, Ryley installs a lockset in the powder room door, and we install Ketchum shower doors in the master bath. Bob shows off some of the latest gadgets like the Marvel wine cellarette and the handy WoodWaiter.
- Part 1: Installing Restored Brass Door Hardware and Faux Finishing the Mantelpiece
- Part 2: Touring the Completed Home Interior, Entryway, and Dining Room
- Part 3: Installing Custom Shower Doors, Bath Hardware, and CO Detectors
- Bob meets with Greg VanGrover of Ketcham Reflections to observe the finishing touches in the bathroom shower. VanGrover works with architectural drawings to custom fit the shower doors and glass walls. In older homes, his factory-trained installers make a site visit prior to fabrication to ensure the space is plumb and level. Downstairs, Bob meets with electrician Barry Driscoll to discuss the importance of carbon monoxide detectors. In the basement, Bob shows off his mini wine cellar with a Marvel Cellarette, as well as a wood waiter from Bruce Fowler Industries of Quebec, Canada. This wood elevator transports wood from a basement storage area to a cabinet near the fireplace, sparing heavy lifting.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?