- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 17: Bedroom Amenities
Built-In Closet Storage Installation
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 17, Part 3
Bob talks with Jay Triandafilou (from Architectural Fence) as the crew works to install the perimeter fence. In the master bedroom, Dave Herbert joins Bob to talk about Whirlpool's new Personal Valet, a "clothes vitalizing system", being installed in the closet. Meanwhile, carpenter Bob Ryley is in the workshop preparing materials needed to build custom storage spaces for the walk-in closet.
- Part 1: Picket Fence Installation
- Part 2: Features of the Personal Valet Clothes Freshening System
- Part 3: Built-In Closet Storage Installation
- Bob and carpenter Bob Ryley are working in the master bedroom building two storage units in the walk-in closet. Before they can start, they take a moment to hang the Whirlpool Personal Valet.
To build the storage units, Ryley first adds supports and braces before installing the vertical partitions, which are doubled-up for added strength. The partitions, which have been pre-drilled for shelf mounting brackets, are installed for each unit, and horizontal shelves are added to one unit to create a four-over-four storage area.
This project focuses on the construction of a Colonial-style home built with both history and the future in mind. While the 4-bedroom, 4-bath home will have a traditional exterior and interior detailing, the plan will suit the needs of a modern family, including easy-maintenance fireplaces, a great room, master suite, sun room, 3-car garage, and a large walk-out basement with plenty of room for recreation and indoor/outdoor living.
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?