- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Habitat for Humanity > Episode 8: Painting and Door Installation
Painting With Low-VOC Paint
Project: Habitat for Humanity, Episode 8, Part 1
Painting is underway. Tyghe O'Donnell is applying low-VOC paint in one of the bedrooms, while, outside, volunteers are using a new paint that's specially formulated for colder temperatures. In McCleary, WA, Bob takes a tour of the Simpson Door plant, while, back in Yonkers, carpenter Bob Ryley installs a door with the help of Steve Parks. Finally, Ren Anderson shows Bob a computerized test of the home's insulation.
- Part 1: Painting With Low-VOC Paint
- Bob drops by the Habitat for Humanity Blitz Build project in Yonkers, NY, where he learns about exterior paint that can be applied at temperatures near freezing, and also about low-VOC paints that, during application and dry time, remain low-odor.
- Part 2: Tour of the Simpson Door Factory
- Part 3: Hanging a Wood Door in the Basement
Bob Vila introduces the latest in sustainable materials and efficient building techniques on a Habitat for Humanity build. This project documents a five-day process that transformed an empty lot into a snug, comfortable, and sustainable home in Yonkers, NY.
ALL EPISODES IN HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN