- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Executive Mansion > Episode 3: Preparing to Pour a Concrete Floor
Pouring a Concrete Slab
Project: Executive Mansion, Episode 3, Part 2
Project manager Mike Westcott joins Bob in the basement, where rebar and vapor barriers are being laid down in preparation for the concrete pour. Bob also visits Agecroft Hall and its luxurious gardens. Back at the mansion, general contractor Sam Daniel is on-hand to summarize the work being done on the North Addition, where a new, accessible entry way is being built.
- Part 1: Prepping for Pouring Concrete
- Part 2: Pouring a Concrete Slab
- As concrete specialist Phil Truit oversees the pouring of a concrete slab floor into the basement of an existing home (the governor's mansion in Richmond, VA), he explains the complex process to Bob, who looks on.
- Part 3: Tour of Agecroft Hall
- Part 4: Reviewing the Exterior and Discussing the Addition
In Richmond, Virginia, the oldest continuously occupied governor's mansion in America is in need of serious repairs, and Bob Vila's team is there to help. Projects include the complete overhaul and modernization of the basement to include a state-of-the-art caterer's kitchen for official functions, all new mechanical systems, and updates for handicapped accessibility.
ALL EPISODES IN EXECUTIVE MANSION
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?