- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Accessible Home > Episode 12: Lockset Installation
Installing Handicapped-Accessible Door Hardware
Project: Accessible Home, Episode 12, Part 2
Carpenter Bob Ryley demonstrates the installation process for specially-designed lock sets. Bob and Bob Ryley also install an energy-efficient side-by-side washer and dryer.
- Part 1: Discussing the Northern White Cedar Picket Fence
- Part 2: Installing Handicapped-Accessible Door Hardware
- Bob and carpenter Bob Ryley install a Schlage interior-lever lockset. Lever locks are easier for differently-abled folks to operate.
- Part 3: Energy-Efficient Washer and Dryer Set Installed
This project follows an urban renewal story, involving grass-roots activism and affordable housing. Bob Vila reports on nine newly built three-bedroom homes, including one with accessibility for people with disabilities.
ALL EPISODES IN ACCESSIBLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?