- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Kitchen Remodel > Episode 8: Spa Installation and Window Construction
Laminate Installation in the Kitchen
Project: Kitchen Remodel, Episode 8, Part 2
A state-of-the-art spa is installed on the lanai, complete with all the bells and whistles. Inside, on the new banana-leaf partition, a product called Ligna (by Formica) is applied for a unique woodgrain finish. Also, Roxana Patino demonstrates how she is constructing the a stained-glass feature window for the new addition, which is in the shape of a tropical fruit slice.
- Part 1: Installing the Hot Tub
- Part 2: Laminate Installation in the Kitchen
- Bob joins contractor Ed Weller, who is working on the kitchen addition. Architect Laurinda Spear has designed a banana leaf partition that Ed's crew will be making out of a hardened laminate material called Ligna. Ligna is also being installed in the kitchen by Jeff Grosman.
- Part 3: Stained-Glass Window Construction
This project features the remodeling and expansion of the kitchen and family room of a 15-year-old suburban Miami tract house. Innovative and fun projects include walls built using insulated concrete forms, stucco application, and glass block walls.
ALL EPISODES IN KITCHEN REMODEL
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?