- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Craftsman Bungalow > Episode 11: Installing Cabinets
Installing a China Cabinet
Project: Craftsman Bungalow, Episode 11, Part 2
Cabinetmaker Brian Comeaux demonstrates how he framed the boxes for the new built-ins that are being installed in the living room to match the existing ones in the dining room. The pool crew is out back in their sponge shoes, finishing up the pool with a coat of plaster, before the trucks arrive to fill'er up.
- Part 1: Custom-Building a Cabinet
- Part 2: Installing a China Cabinet
- The newly built china cabinet is installed. The unit was constructed in several peices, so it would fit through the front door. Several final cuts and adjustments are made to fit the cabinet around the existing trim.
- Part 3: Plastering the Swimming Pool
Bob Vila oversees the remodel of a Craftsman bungalow in Los Angeles, CA. It's a vintage kit house, purchased from a Sears & Roebuck catalog in 1923 and built in Hollywood. Working with contractors, Bob helps restore the home's thoughtful details while adding improvements fit for the owners' modern lifestyle.
ALL EPISODES IN CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN
Tools & Workshop