- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Dream Garage and Boat Storage > Episode 3: More Foundation Work
Termite Prevention and Pouring the Concrete Floor
Project: Dream Garage and Boat Storage, Episode 3, Part 3
The garage project gets a real high-tech foundation, as layers of termite proofing, crushed stone, vapor barrier, rigid insulation, and wire mesh go down before the concrete can be poured. Mechanical contractor Frank Iadarola is on-site to explain how the Heatway hydronic heating system is installed in the slab to create a constant source of gentle heat for optimum car storage. Last, Bob tours an antique post-and-beam windmill at Heritage Plantation in Sandwich, MA.
- Part 1: Discussing the In-Floor Radiant Heating System
- Part 2: Historic Windmill Tour
- Part 3: Termite Prevention and Pouring the Concrete Floor
- Bob and contractor Bob Ryley join exterminator Dean Bailey (of Fowler and Sons) to discuss termite control in and around the garage. Also, concrete contractor Shawn Doyle is on-hand to review the techniques used in pouring a concrete floor.
This innovative and functional post-and-beam barn structure is designed to provide space to store, and perform work on, boats and cars. Bob Vila takes us through the story,which centers around creating a state-of-the-art, ergonomically efficient, well-lit, and safe environment.
ALL EPISODES IN DREAM GARAGE AND BOAT STORAGE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?