- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian > Episode 4: Raising the Walls
Gable Addition Framing
Project: Victorian, Episode 4, Part 3
Special truss joists on the bedroom wing are installed, and, as the walls are raised, Bob explains the advantages of Western balloon framing. Also, Bob takes a trip to the breathtaking Lyndhurst mansion for a taste of Victorian high living in New York's Hudson River Valley.
- Part 1: Laying the Decking for the First Floor
- Part 2: Lyndhurst Mansion Tour
- Part 3: Gable Addition Framing
- Bob reviews the turret structure that's been added to the project house. Then Bob and contractor Bob Ryley and the rest of the workmen raise a gable wall in accord with the crew's modified approach to Western balloon framing.
Bob Vila tackles a remodeling and construction project on the island of Martha's Vineyard. The expansion of the cabin transforms a tiny vacation home into a spacious family retreat with an authentic 'Vineyard Victorian' look.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?