- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 5: Roofing Shingles and Staircase
Installing Roof Shingles
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 5, Part 1
Contractor Larry Landers demonstrates how to attach asphalt roofing shingles. Bob pays a visit to the Bonnet House Museum, an artist's wild jungle oasis in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, FL. On site, contractor Bob Ryley puts together a staircase connecting the first floor and basement.
- Part 1: Installing Roof Shingles
- Bob reviews the varous elements of the roof, including the fascia, soffits and sheathing. The shingles are applied in layers, each row adhering to the row beneath it. Flashing is also installed and discussed.
- Part 2: Touring the Bonnet House
- Part 3: Building Basement Stairs
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN
Roofing & Siding