- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 6: Plumbing, Clapboards, and Skylights
Vent Pipe Installation
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 6, Part 1
The plumber cuts a hole in the roof for the new vent and joins new PVC pipe with cast-iron plumbing in the basement. Outside, contractor Bob Ryley shares tips on applying cedar clapboards. On the roof meanwhile, contractor Larry Landers is installing one of the new skylights that will admit light through the cathedral ceiling over the new family room.
- Part 1: Vent Pipe Installation
- A vent pipe is installed in the ranch's roof. A hole is cut and a shield is added to create a weather-tight seal around the pipe and roof shingles. Down in the basement, the new pipe is added to the home's existing plumbing.
- Part 2: Adding Clapboard Siding
- Part 3: Roofing Around Skylights
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?