- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 10: Window Modification and Copper Plumbing
Sweating a Joint in Copper Plumbing
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 10, Part 3
Contractor Bob Ryley merges two existing windows to create one large double-hung window. In Miami, Bob tours the fabulous Art Deco District for a taste of the 1930s high-style hotels. On-site in Wayland, the plumber shows how to "sweat" a joint in copper plumbing.
- Part 1: Combining Two Double-Hung Windows
- Part 2: Touring Art Deco Architecture in Miami Beach
- Part 3: Sweating a Joint in Copper Plumbing
- The plumber Steve Bowton shows Bob how to sweat a joint in copper plumbing.
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN