- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 16: Applying Bathroom Tile and Deck Treatment
Constructing a Clapboard Sunburst Fan
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 16, Part 1
With the installation of exterior clapboard almost complete, Bob looks at an eye-catching fan detail being applied to the front façade. Then contractor Larry Landers demonstrates how to cut bathroom floor tiles for a perfect fit, and the master bedroom deck receives a beautiful treatment (which is easier than it looks to put together).
- Part 1: Constructing a Clapboard Sunburst Fan
- Bob joins siding contractor Brian Quinn, who is constructing a beautiful gable-end sunburst fan from clapboard siding. Quinn explains how to lay out the center moon, how to calculate the spacing and size of each fan, and how to cut the material.
- Part 2: Laying Glazed Ceramic Floor Tiles
- Part 3: Building the "Floating" Deck
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?