- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Two-Family Greystone > Episode 12: Flooring and Stairs
Adding a Creative Touch to Vinyl Flooring
Bob tours Congoleum's plant in Marcus Hook, PA with Jim Kogut. Back in the project house kitchen, installer Ed Janecek demonstrates how to add a creative touch to a vinyl floor by cutting in contrasting squares. General contractor Ron Gan constructs an unusual "sail-wire" stair railing.
- Part 1: A Sail-Wire Stair Rail and Rag-Painting the Basement
- Part 2: Congoleum Factory Tour
- Part 3: Adding a Creative Touch to Vinyl Flooring
- Installer Ed Janecek demonstrates how to add a creative touch to vinyl flooring, while painter Dirk Van Kinette rolls high-gloss paint onto the master bathroom walls.
Bob Vila tracks the progress of a two-family greystone in Chicago's Wicker Park neighborhood that is undergoing renovation. The project documents a low-budget upgrade of the building's two apartments and concludes with a decorator's tour showcasing the eye-catching results.
Also from Two-Family Greystone
Bob and general contractor Ron Gan discuss the removal and shoring up of bearing walls, which are to be replaced by special engineered beams. Bob visits David Parker at Macmillan-Bloedel's Parallam Plant in Vancouver, BC to see how those beams are manufactured. Also, plumber Don McPoland shows us how the new water service is connected to the house.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 11 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home