- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian Kitchen & Bath Remodel > Episode 10: Exterior Painting, Bulb Planting, and Lawn Care
Painting the Exterior
Project: Victorian Kitchen & Bath Remodel, Episode 10, Part 1
The 100-year-old clapboard home is ready for painting. Ronald Boyajian of California Paints checks the moisture level in the wood with a two-pronged meter before selecting a linseed oil-based tinted primer and Velvet Flat acrylic latex paint. In the garden, landscape designer Ruth Foster shows Bob how to plant bulbs correctly and how to reseed compacted, damaged grass.
- Part 1: Painting the Exterior
- Bob joins Ron Boyajian to talk over painting the exterior clapboards. The surface is power-washed, sanded, and primed. Then, acrylic paint is applied. The painter demonstrates the proper hand-brushing technique for covering clapboards.
- Part 2: Planting Bulbs and Seeding the Lawn
- Part 3: Landscape Design on a Sloping Bank
Bob Vila undertakes the partial remodel of a historic Victorian home in Rowley, MA. The house is a classic New England gem with many partitioned rooms, plus the added appeal of a large yard with preserved wetlands beyond. From permits and approvals to the addition of a mudroom and deck, this project focuses on family space.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN KITCHEN & BATH REMODEL
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?