- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 3: Adding a New Load-Bearing Beam
Installing a New Structural Support Beam
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 3, Part 2
With demolition completed, other surprises are revealed. Structural engineer Rene Mugnier explains how to fix the kitchen ceiling and two floors above, which are found to be dangerously unsupported, with the addition of a new load-bearing structural beam. Work begins on the new plumbing system.
- Part 1: Fixing the Unsupported Kitchen Ceiling
- Part 2: Installing a New Structural Support Beam
- It's time to start restoring the structure, marking an important moment in the house's history. Bob meets with carpenter Bob Ryley and the crew to begin installing the built-up structural beam made of Maxi-lams.
- Part 3: Evaluating the HVAC and Plumbing System
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?