- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 8: Deck Framing and Window Installation
Installing a Marvin Palladian Window
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 8, Part 3
Framing has begun on the new backyard deck, and brickmasons repair the chimney on the third floor. The custom Palladian window from Marvin is installed in the third floor family room.
- Part 1: Laying Out and Framing the Deck
- Part 2: Brick Chimney Repair
- Part 3: Installing a Marvin Palladian Window
- Michael Roche from Marvin Windows joins Bob in examining the house's existing windows and determining which to keep or replace. A new Palladian window will create a great look for the family room. This style of window has a round arched top with a flanking flat-top window on each side. Carpenters Bob Ryley and Danny Ruffini install the new window. Architect Gregory Rochlin explains how the space has been reinforced to handle the load.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?