- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 8: Deck Framing and Window Installation
Installing a Marvin Palladian Window
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 8, Part 3
Framing has begun on the new backyard deck, and brickmasons repair the chimney on the third floor. The custom Palladian window from Marvin is installed in the third floor family room.
- Part 1: Laying Out and Framing the Deck
- Part 2: Brick Chimney Repair
- Part 3: Installing a Marvin Palladian Window
- Michael Roche from Marvin Windows joins Bob in examining the house's existing windows and determining which to keep or replace. A new Palladian window will create a great look for the family room. This style of window has a round arched top with a flanking flat-top window on each side. Carpenters Bob Ryley and Danny Ruffini install the new window. Architect Gregory Rochlin explains how the space has been reinforced to handle the load.
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN
Doors & Windows