- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 10: Heating and Cooling Systems
Installing Electrical Wiring in an Old Home
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 10, Part 3
An elaborate and highly efficient HVAC system is installed in the basement and Bob checks out his new system 2000 unit and air handler. Radiant heat is installed in the bathroom floor and the electrical inspector is on site to approve the work that’s been done so far.
- Part 1: Reviewing the High-Efficiency HVAC System
- Part 2: Reviewing the Boiler Pipes and Bathroom In-Floor Radiant Heat
- Part 3: Installing Electrical Wiring in an Old Home
- Bob meets up with electrician Barry Driscoll, who is wiring a third-floor subpanel. The panel feeds air handlers, bedrooms, bathrooms, and an entertainment area. When the house was built in 1892, gas was used for lighting. Electricity was not used in the home until the 1920s. An electrical inspector from Cambridge, MA, looks at the subpanel for adequate size and proper location.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?