- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 17: Prepping to Paint the Exterior, Touring a Custom Cabinet Factory, Installing Kitchen Cabinets
Restoring Old Double-Hung Windows using Spring-Loaded Balances
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 17, Part 3
With the decision made on what color to paint the house, bob takes a look at the prep involved on the exterior. Danny’s restoring some old windows using springloaded balances. We take a trip to New Holland, Pennsylvania, to the Heritage cabinet factory, then back at the site, Bob’s beautiful new cabinets are installed in the kitchen.
- Part 1: Pressure Washing the House, Prepping for Painting, and Beginning Kitchen Cabinet Installation
- Part 2: Touring a Custom Cabinetry Factory and Reviewing Plans for the Kitchen
- Part 3: Restoring Old Double-Hung Windows using Spring-Loaded Balances
- Bob discusses the advantages and disadvantages of old windows, such as the glimmer glass that is beautiful but has significant energy loss, comparable to leaving the front door open. Bob meets with architect Gregory Rochlin and expert carpenter Danny Ruffini to restore old double-hung windows and replace lead sash weights with new spring-loaded balances.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?