- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 22: Installing Built-in Bookshelves, Lighting, Security, and Communication Systems
Installing Carpet on the Third Floor and Bathroom Tile
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 22, Part 3
The library’s getting a new set of built-in bookshelves, and the alarm and phone systems are installed. The electrician refurbishes a period light fixture for use in the kitchen and installs a new, state-of-the-art Lightolier dimmer switch system. Ryley helps reconstruct the stairway balustrade that was disassembled for stripping.
- Part 1: Retrofitting a Gas Light
- Part 2: Reconstructing the Stair Rail and Balusters
- Part 3: Installing Carpet on the Third Floor and Bathroom Tile
- Bob visits with carpet installer Chris Flynn and learns how the sections are seamed together. The carpet looks like sisal but is nylon and a good choice for the teenagers who will be spending time on the third floor. Then Bob talks with mason Ed Zywusko, who is working on a bathroom tile installation.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?