- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 26: Touring the Completed House, Continued
Touring the Completed Home Interior, Entryway, and Dining Room
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 26, Part 2
This is it! The house is finished, and Bob and the interior designers take a look at how all the fabrics, colors, and furnishings have come together. Kim Sweet puts the finishing touches on some spectacular faux painting jobs, Ryley installs a lockset in the powder room door, and we install Ketchum shower doors in the master bath. Bob shows off some of the latest gadgets like the Marvel wine cellarette and the handy WoodWaiter.
- Part 1: Installing Restored Brass Door Hardware and Faux Finishing the Mantelpiece
- Part 2: Touring the Completed Home Interior, Entryway, and Dining Room
- Bob tours the front vestibule, highlighting the functional new closet organization and the beautiful, intricate stencil work done by artist Kim Sweet that extends from the walls to the ceiling. Using oil-based paint, Kim needs four days to complete the small vestibule. Architect Gregory Rochlin meets with Bob to discuss how to bring back the feel of an 1890s house by combining modern material with custom molding to create an authentic-looking paneled wall or by adding small touches to the flooring. Bob meets with Susanne Csongor and Christine Lane of CLC Interiors to discuss some of the choices made in decorating the dining room and front hall. To give the dining room an intimate feel, they chose dense, busy-patterned wallpaper, accenting the berries in the paper by using red cotton chintz drapes with goblet pleats. The color palette for this room was inspired by both a Russian rug in the hallway and a blue Greek turnkey pattern in the stair runner.
- Part 3: Installing Custom Shower Doors, Bath Hardware, and CO Detectors
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?