- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Waterfront Warehouse Rehab > Episode 3: Interior Demolition, Water Taxi Tour, and Framing With Metal Studs
New York Harbor Water Taxi Tour
Project: Waterfront Warehouse Rehab, Episode 3, Part 2
Interior work and demolition are progressing simultaneously. Bob and his son, the project manager Chris Vila, review three weeks' worth of progress. Work performed to date includes removing an old elevator shaft and sandblasting exposed wood and brick surfaces. A new tongue and groove plywood subfloor is being installed and basic wall framing has begun. Also, Bob takes us on a water taxi tour to learn more about the history of heavy industry along Brooklyn's waterfront.
- Part 1: Interior Sandblasting and Installing the Plywood Subfloor
- Part 2: New York Harbor Water Taxi Tour
- Tom Fox, founder and former president of New York Water Taxi, takes Bob on a tour of the Brooklyn waterfront. Fox highlights various points of interest, including a sunken lightship, an abandoned sugar refinery, and once-derelict Civil War warehouses, which have been converted into cooperative work space.
- Part 3: Metal Stud Framing
Bob Vila heads to the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, for this project involving an abandoned warehouse built in the mid-19th century. Bob's adaptive reuse will yield three ultra-hip apartments with commercial space at street level. Project manager is Bob's oldest son, Chris Vila, who helps guide this complete rehabilitation of a beat-up building in the city that never sleeps.
ALL EPISODES IN WATERFRONT WAREHOUSE REHAB
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?