- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Modern Colonial > Episode 18: Interior Decorating Tour
Working With Pre-Finished Windows
Project: Modern Colonial, Episode 18, Part 1
Bob catches up on the work taking place inside the modern Colonial house. First, Vila and Gary Prevedini from Andersen talk about the features of the windows in the great room, and painter John Fish gives Bob a little \primer\" on proper painting techniques . Interior designer Leslie Curtis is on site to tour the house and explain the different color ideas she has for each room. (Use BobVila.com's Paint Designer for more help on choosing interior paint colors.) Finally
- Part 1: Working With Pre-Finished Windows
- Gary Prevedini (from Andersen) is on-site talking about the pre-finished windows in the great room. The windows' finish is applied electrostatically, a process that protects the wood core and prevents swelling and shrinking as the humidity content of the surrounding area changes. The windows' finish also saves time on the job site, because the windows arrive ready to be hung.
A white finish was chosen for the project house's windows (a variety of additional colors are also available). Should the homeowner wish to change the window trim color in the future, the factory finish can be painted.
- Part 2: Interior Painting Preparation
- Part 3: Lyman Estate Tour
- Part 4: Decorating the Master Bedroom
This project focuses on the construction of a Colonial-style home built with both history and the future in mind. While the 4-bedroom, 4-bath home will have a traditional exterior and interior detailing, the plan will suit the needs of a modern family, including easy-maintenance fireplaces, a great room, master suite, sun room, 3-car garage, and a large walk-out basement with plenty of room for recreation and indoor/outdoor living.
ALL EPISODES IN MODERN COLONIAL
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?