- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Craftsman Bungalow > Episode 5: Repairing the Front Façade
Project: Craftsman Bungalow, Episode 5, Part 1
Bob and carpenter Cortney Lofton demolish the kitchen sink and cabinets to make room for the new ones, while homeowners Gavin and Michelle Langley shop for a vintage cabinet at Big 10 Building Materials, a salvage yard in Alta Dena. They bring a cabinet back home and strip off the yellow paint. Also, the front facade gets a facelift, with its weather-beaten clapboarding and trim replaced.
- Part 1: Kitchen Demolition
- Bob and carpenter Cortney Lofton review and demolish the original kitchen cabinets. Bob then visits a salvage yard to view the turn-of-the-century cabinets purchased by the homeowner.
- Part 2: Stripping Paint From an Antique Cabinet
- Part 3: Installing Clapboard Siding on the Front Porch
Bob Vila oversees the remodel of a Craftsman bungalow in Los Angeles, CA. It's a vintage kit house, purchased from a Sears & Roebuck catalog in 1923 and built in Hollywood. Working with contractors, Bob helps restore the home's thoughtful details while adding improvements fit for the owners' modern lifestyle.
ALL EPISODES IN CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?