- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Master Bedroom > Episode 8: Deck Work
Rebuilding the Deck With Salvaged Lumber
Project: Master Bedroom, Episode 8, Part 1
Bob and the crew demonstrate how sections of the old backyard deck can be reused in order to save time and money on the new deck. Also, Bob takes a trip to Brunswick, GA to discover how pressure-treated lumber is made to resist weather and rot.
- Part 1: Rebuilding the Deck With Salvaged Lumber
- Bob and carpenter Bob Ryley rebuild the deck in the rear of the addition using salvaged lumber from the demolition.
- Part 2: Tour of the Georgia Pacific Pressure-Treated Lumber Plant
- Part 3: Framing the Deck and Laying the Deck Boards
A master bedroom suite in a compact 1930s Colonial Revival home in suburban Newton, MA, gets a makeover. Bob Vila details the process of building the foundation, from forming and cement pouring to inspection and backfilling. Also, Bob sees how the interior baseboard molding and window trim is milled to match what exists in the rest of the home.
ALL EPISODES IN MASTER BEDROOM
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?