- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Dream Garage and Boat Storage > Episode 3: More Foundation Work
Discussing the In-Floor Radiant Heating System
Project: Dream Garage and Boat Storage, Episode 3, Part 1
The garage project gets a real high-tech foundation, as layers of termite proofing, crushed stone, vapor barrier, rigid insulation, and wire mesh go down before the concrete can be poured. Mechanical contractor Frank Iadarola is on-site to explain how the Heatway hydronic heating system is installed in the slab to create a constant source of gentle heat for optimum car storage. Last, Bob tours an antique post-and-beam windmill at Heritage Plantation in Sandwich, MA.
- Part 1: Discussing the In-Floor Radiant Heating System
- Bob meets with mechanical contractor Frank Iadarola to watch the installation of the Heatway hydronic radiant heating system in the slab on the automotive side of the dream garage project.
- Part 2: Historic Windmill Tour
- Part 3: Termite Prevention and Pouring the Concrete Floor
This innovative and functional post-and-beam barn structure is designed to provide space to store, and perform work on, boats and cars. Bob Vila takes us through the story,which centers around creating a state-of-the-art, ergonomically efficient, well-lit, and safe environment.
ALL EPISODES IN DREAM GARAGE AND BOAT STORAGE
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?