- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian > Episode 1: Selecting the Site
Bob Visits Oak Bluffs in Martha's Vineyard
Bob takes the ferry to the island of Martha's Vineyard, MA and tours Oak Bluffs in order soak in the town's Victorian history. An island realtor shows Bob potential sites for his nextd remodeling project. They wind up at a tiny summer cottage in picturesque East Chop.
- Part 1: Bob Visits Oak Bluffs in Martha's Vineyard
- Bob tours Oak Bluffs, a town on Martha's Vineyard steeped in Victorian history. First stop is the Wesley Hotel, whose history and location on the island Bob discusses before moving on to the Methodist Meeting grounds. Evolving from a circle of tents into small cottages, they are still decked out in Victorian trim and color schemes dating back to the 1860s.
Alan Schwikert (from Ocean Park Realty) gives Bob an overview of the island's topography and its popular places. Then Alan brings Bob to the Tabernacle, built in 1879 and still bearing much of its original ironwork and stained glass.
- Part 2: Touring Homes on Martha's Vineyard
- Part 3: The Search Ends for a Home on Martha's Vineyard
Bob Vila tackles a remodeling and construction project on the island of Martha's Vineyard. The expansion of the cabin transforms a tiny vacation home into a spacious family retreat with an authentic 'Vineyard Victorian' look.
Also from Victorian
The crew on Martha's Vineyard begins to lay a cinder block foundation with a crawl space for storage, while Bob explains how to connect the old construction to the new. Plus, Bob travels to historic Cape May, NJ to tour Victorian homes in one of America's oldest beach resort towns. Back at the site, the carpenters start framing the new turret roof on the old cottage.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight