- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Victorian > Episode 7: Porch, Windows, and Shingles
Building a Covered Porch
Project: Victorian, Episode 7, Part 1
Construction of the front entry porch begins on the Martha's Vineyard project house. Bob and contractor Bob Ryley remark on the custom windows' features and demonstrate their installation. Up on the roof of the newly completed turret, cedar shingles are applied, even in tricky spots.
- Part 1: Building a Covered Porch
- Bob helps contractor Bob Ryley begin work on constructing the covered porch. Once the joists are in place, and the decking has been laid down, Bob and Bob turn to erecting the columns, which have been salvaged from another part of the house.
- Part 2: Installing Pella Doors and Windows
- Part 3: Installing Cedar Shingles
Bob Vila tackles a remodeling and construction project on the island of Martha's Vineyard. The expansion of the cabin transforms a tiny vacation home into a spacious family retreat with an authentic 'Vineyard Victorian' look.
ALL EPISODES IN VICTORIAN
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?