- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 20: Pouring Cement and Installing Crown Molding
Constructing the Concrete Walkway
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 20, Part 1
Bob learns how to pour a cement walk, which looks as if it's composed of granite slabs. While contractor Bob Ryley is installing crown molding in the den, Bob visits Anderson McQuaid Hardwoods to see where the molding was milled. Plus, Bob returns to Columbus, OH, where the playground project is well underway.
- Part 1: Constructing the Concrete Walkway
- Bob and the contractor discuss the concrete walkway, with the contractor giving Bob tips on how to make concrete cure harder and have less cracks. Also discussed is the crushed, aggregate granite that will be added to the standard concrete.
- Part 2: Custom Crown Molding
- Part 3: Playground Construction, Part 2
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?