- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Ranch Expansion > Episode 24: Painting Faux Finish
Wiring a Thermostat
Project: Ranch Expansion, Episode 24, Part 1
The electrician installs a veritable home weather station, so the homeowners can find out if it's a good sailing day from their family room. Bob and contractor Bob Ryley create a special mirror in the workshop before installing it in the foyer. In the master bedroom, Gary Hazel is rag-painting the walls for a romantic faux finish.
- Part 1: Wiring a Thermostat
- Bob observes as electrician Steve Bradley snakes a thermostat wire along a wall in service of the new air conditioning system.
- Part 2: Front Hall Mirror
- Part 3: Painting the Bedroom Walls with Rag Rolling
Bob takes on the expansion of a 35 year-old ranch house in Wayland, MA. With an eye on the budget, projects include European kitchen cabinets, a state-of-the-art closet system for the master bedroom, custom built-in bookshelves, an eye-catching fan detail on the front façade, and a private deck off the master bedroom.
ALL EPISODES IN RANCH EXPANSION
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?