- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Cracker Cottage > Episode 6: Installing Windows and Shower
Replacing Windows at Low-Cost
Bob replaces the old jalousie windows on the breakfast porch. Next, the flooring for a new shower goes down, the rough plumbing goes in and a new base and drain are installed.
- Part 1: Replacing Windows at Low-Cost
- Contractors Al and Steve Stiles set a new window on the back porch. Using a combination of stock and one custom windows, they demonstrate how to save money on materials and time on installation.
- Part 2: Installing a New Plumbing Trap
- Part 3: Building a Free-Floating Deck
Bob Vila rejuvenates a modest but classic Florida house, focusing on light, ventilation, and outdoor living. Projects include opening walls, improving air conditioning and ventilation, blowing in some insulation, and putting in a new entry.
Also from Cracker Cottage
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight