- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 6: Framing and Additions
Installing Stud Lumber Partitioning for the Bathroom
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 6, Part 1
Interior framing and structural additions are well along, and Bob takes a look at the different uses of wooden and metal studs and how they’re constructed. Bob tours historic Longfellow House.
- Part 1: Installing Stud Lumber Partitioning for the Bathroom
- Bob reviews plans for the kitchen remodeling and visits the second floor, where one of the bedrooms has been removed to accommodate his and her bathrooms. He speaks with architect Gregory Rochlin about the project schedule and then helps set up partitioning for the bathroom, made with stud lumber versus metal.
- Part 2: Touring the Vassall-Craigie-Longfellow Historic House
- Part 3: Building a Metal Stud Wall in the Basement
This project centers around the remodel of Bob Vila's own gracious Shingle Style home in Cambridge, MA. It's a house with a lot of history and beautiful architectural details, many of which were obliterated in remodels of the 50s and the 70s. On the centennial of the house's construction, Bob gets together the best talents in the business to recreate and renew it to its former glory, making some important modifications along the way that will transform this into a dream house for today.
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
SEE MORE IN
Foundation & Framing