- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 7: Roof Work and Wiring
Installing Copper-Lined Gutters
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 7, Part 1
Bob visits the roof where Fred Mitchell is installing a state-of-the-art copper lining in the rebuilt wooden gutter system. Shinglers replace the asphalt roof with the red cedar shingles that would have been used originally. The electrician explains why plastic-sheathed wiring will be used for the considerable rewiring to be done.
- Part 1: Installing Copper-Lined Gutters
- Carpenters Bob Ryley and Danny Ruffini and copper-work specialist Fred Mitchell install custom fabricated copper-lined wood gutters on Bob's home. Wood has been used for restoration purposes to preserve the old look, but copper lining will last for decades to come.
- Part 2: Touring a Historic Home in Avon Hill
- Part 3: Installing Fire-Rated Wood Shingles and Wiring the Third Floor
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?