- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 9: Working on the Deck
Building a Redwood Deck and a Redwood-and-Cedar Fence
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 9, Part 1
An insulation expert explains the different uses for Owens Corning insulation products. Ryley shows how the redwood decking is added to the backyard deck for optimal drainage and paint de-leading is underway on the dining room hutch and mantel.
- Part 1: Building a Redwood Deck and a Redwood-and-Cedar Fence
- Bob helps carpenter Bob Ryley build a redwood deck. Bob emphasizes the use of stainless steel nails when working with redwood, due to the wood's acidity. Then carpenter Danny Ruffini installs a custom-made redwood-and-cedar fence on the perimeter.
- Part 2: Stripping Paint to Reveal Original Detailing
- Part 3: Insulating and Soundproofing the Attic
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How are complimentary colors arranged on the color wheel?