- Bob Vila TV Shows >
- Bob's Shingle Style Home > Episode 14: Installing a Staircase and Chair Rail
Repairing Plaster and Installing Ceramic Shower Tiles
Project: Bob's Shingle Style Home, Episode 14, Part 2
An elaborate staircase gets installed in the kitchen, and plaster repair and ceramic tile installation get underway. Ryley installs a chair rail and replaces the glass in the doors of the dining room hutch.
- Part 1: Building a Kitchen Staircase
- Part 2: Repairing Plaster and Installing Ceramic Shower Tiles
- Bob heads to the library to discuss the plaster patchwork in progress. Plaster buttons are installed to hold the new metal mesh to the existing lath. Structo-Lite and Durabond are then applied and feathered to match the surrounding original plaster. Bob then visits with Ed Zywusko, who is installing ceramic tile in a guest bathroom on the second floor. The tiles are from Spain, Portugal, and Italy, lending a very Mediterranean feel to the shower stall. Ed demonstrates the process of applying the mortar and setting the tiles in place.
- Part 3: Installing a Chair Rail and Restoring a Corner Cupboard
ALL EPISODES IN BOB'S SHINGLE STYLE HOME
MOST POPULAR CLIPS
HOUSE & GARDEN TOURS
How often do termite queens lay eggs?