9 Things That Always Go On Sale in January
After a busy holiday season, shopping may not be at the forefront of your mind. But if you didn’t get everything on your wish list, or if you've made a New Year’s resolution to become a savvier shopper, then you’ll want to keep your eyes open for these goods,…
Gym Memberships and Equipment
Gyms and retailers of exercise equipment are well aware that many folks resolve to get in shape in the new year. This is why you’ll find great deals on membership fees, fitness classes, and sports equipment in January.
Here are some great deals on gym equipment that you can shop now:
- Balancefrom Rubber Encased Hex Dumbbell at Amazon for $21.24 (Save $8.75)
- Yosuda Indoor Cycling Bike Stationary Bike at Amazon for $209.99 (Save $70)
- Fit Simplify Resistance Loop Exercise Bands at Amazon for $12.95 (Save $8)
White sales abound at the beginning of the year, so it’s the perfect time to stock up on new bedsheets. The annual sale has been a tradition across the country since 1878, when department store pioneer John Wanamaker sold linens at deep discount to make up for disappointing Christmas season sales. Today, many white sales include a range of bedding items, towels, and other household linens.
Here are some great deals on linens that you can shop now:
Related: 10 Ways to Buy Better Sleep
Carpets and Rugs
It’s not uncommon for people to update their home decor before the holidays so everything looks fresh for company. But if you didn’t get around to redecorating before Christmas, you might be in luck. With the holiday rush now over, many carpet and rug stores offer sales to lure customers and move stock to make room for the next season’s styles.
Here are some rug deals that you can shop now:
- Robinson Striped Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug in Taupe at Wayfair for $101.99 (Save $236.01)
- Addie Abstract Machine Made Power Loom Polyester at Wayfair for $188 (Save $271)
- Cepeda Striped Navy/Light Gray Area Rug at Wayfair for $129.99 (Save $170.01)
Like carpet stores, furniture stores also use the post-holiday lull to clear out the previous season’s inventory. If you don’t mind buying last year’s styles, sprucing up your home in January is a smart choice.
Here are some furniture deals you can shop now:
- All Modern Miller 83.85” Upholstered Sofa at Wayfair for $940 (Save $320.01)
- Felicia Sofa at Raymour and Flanigan for $389.97 (Save $259.98)
- FDW Patio Furniture Set at Amazon for $127.88 (Save $72.11)
While it may be bittersweet to see stores marking down their holiday stock, smart shoppers can score big by loading up on holiday cards, wrapping paper, and decorations at a fraction of the original retail price. Just remember where you stash the stuff so you don’t overbuy next year!
Here are some sales on Christmas decorations that you can shop now:
- Kajia 24 Pieces Vintage Christmas Decorations at Amazon for $3.99 (Save $9)
- Alpine Corporation 28 in. H Mesh Grazing Holiday Reindeer Lawn Decoration at The Home Depot for $39.98 (Save $66.49)
- Nearly Natural 8-ft Douglas Fir Pre-lit Traditional Artificial Christmas Tree with LED Lights at Lowe’s for $372.88 (Save $248.59)
Calendars and Planners
If you can manage going a few days without a calendar or planner, then wait to buy these items until after New Year’s Day. Once January 1 arrives, those perfectly good calendars will be considered outdated and hit the clearance section in stores.
In preparation for Valentine’s Day, most retailers begin their jewelry promotions in January. This is a good time to shop around for a sparkly piece, from an engagement ring to a pearl bracelet, at an affordable price.
The generally accepted wisdom is that Black Friday is the best time to buy electronics. If you missed your chance to pick up a cheap flat-screen in November, you have another chance in January. To make space for the latest models, stores put televisions on sale in the new year. The tempting prices are also a marketing ploy targeted at shoppers gearing up for Super Bowl Sunday.
Here are TV deals you can shop now:
- INSIGNIA 50-inch Class F30 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Fire TV at Amazon for $249.99 (Save $150)
- Hisense 50-inch ULED U6 Series Quantum Dot QLED 4K UHD Smart Fire TV at Amazon for $378.99 (Save $151)
- Samsung TU7000 Crystal UHD Smart TV 55-in 2160p (4K) LED TV at Lowe’s for $399.99 (Save $40.14)
Related: 9 Smarter Spots for the TV
If you have the money to hire a handyman for every household woe, go ahead. But if you want to hang on to your cash and exercise some self-sufficiency, check out these clever products that solve a million and one little problems around the house. Go now!