An electric fireplace TV stand is an excellent option to improve the aesthetic of a room while also setting up an ideal location for the television. Electric fireplace TV stands have built-in fireplace inserts that display realistic flames for enhanced ambience on movie night. But these electric fireplaces aren’t just visual additions. They can double as heaters to warm up a room.
TV stands with fireplace inserts come in a variety of sizes and styles, so shoppers can find a suitable option for a den or living room. For instance, if buyers need to save space in a room, it’s helpful to consider a slim corner fireplace TV stand. Keep in mind, though, that even the most realistic electric fireplace TV stand or the best entertainment center with fireplace glow and ambience still needs to be able to support a TV. This guide can help shoppers learn more about which factors to consider when looking for the best electric fireplace TV stands for their homes.
- BEST OVERALL: Enstver TV Stand With Electric Fireplace
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK: Belleze Corin TV Stand
- BEST FOR CORNERS: Walker Edison 48-Inch Wood Corner Fireplace TV Stand
- BEST FOR SMALL TVS: Ameriwood Home Chicago Electric Fireplace TV Console
- BEST FOR LARGE TVS: Walker Edison Simple Fireplace Console
- BEST WITH SHELVES: Rolanstar Fireplace TV Stand With LED Lights
- BEST SPACE-SAVING: Northwest Electric Fireplace TV Stand
- BEST WITH REMOTE: Ameriwood Home Carver Electric Fireplace TV Stand
- BEST SLEEK: Ameriwood Home Lumina Deluxe Fireplace TV Stand
How We Chose the Best Electric Fireplace TV Stands
Extensive research into a wide array of products was necessary to narrow the list down to the best electric fireplace TV stands. The size of each stand was the first factor we considered. It was essential to include a variety of options, including corner fireplace TV stands, but it was also important to ensure that the products were suitable for supporting TVs of various sizes.
We also took expert advice from Artem Kropovinsky, the founder of Arsight, an interior design company based in New York City, who suggests choosing a specific TV stand style to match the existing decor. “TV stands should fit the room’s theme,” he says. “Choose simple designs for minimalist spaces, while detailed and intricate stands are suitable for traditional rooms.” With this in mind, we made sure that our list of recommendations covers a wide range of styles to suit several decor choices, with several products standing out from competitors because of their rustic, retro, contemporary, or sleek designs.
In addition to style, we looked at heat output, fireplace settings, and storage options to help differentiate between basic products with limited user convenience and improved fireplace TV stands that were designed for appearance, functionality, and convenience.
Our Top Picks
This list of the best electric fireplace TV stands was compiled based on size, heat output, storage options, material, style, fireplace settings, and overall quality.
- Dimensions: 29 inches tall by 48 inches wide by 16 inches deep
- Material: Laminated medium-density fiberboard (MDF) and alloy steel
- Max TV size: 55 inches
- Multiple shelves and cupboards for storage; grated design allows for visibility and adds a touch of style
- The realistic log fuel effect has 5 brightness settings to suit user preferences
- Digital display thermostat with touch-panel buttons; comes with a safety cutoff device
- Comes with a remote control for quick adjustments anywhere in the room
- Not suitable for TVs larger than 55 inches
Use this electric fireplace TV stand with or without the heat to enhance the ambiance in the den as the sun fades in the sky. The natural glow of the flame and the realistic log gives the appearance of a real fireplace, complete with sliding barn doors that can cover the entire fireplace when it’s not in use or cover the storage shelves on either side of the fireplace insert.
The fireplace can heat a room up to 400 square feet, and it comes with a remote to turn on the fire, adjust the brightness, or set the heat without needing to get up from the couch. Use this TV stand with televisions up to 55 inches in size and take advantage of the shelves and cupboards to store electronics, books, and other items. If the fireplace gets too hot, a built-in safety cut-off device will automatically turn it off.
Get the Enstver electric fireplace TV stand at Amazon or Walmart.
- Dimensions: 29.72 inches tall by 48 inches wide by 15.75 inches deep
- Material: Wood
- Max TV size: 65 inches
- Barn-style cabinet doors and built-in shelving offer excellent versatility
- Wire cutouts improve cable organization; reduces clutter in living and entertainment rooms
- Multiple color options available to match a shopper’s current living space or entertainment center setup
- Not suitable for TVs sizes larger than 65 inches
This inexpensive electric fireplace TV stand by Belleze has a heat output of 4,777 British thermal units (BTUs), allowing it to heat a room that is about 450 square feet. It features a realistic flame display and barn-style cabinet doors that add rustic charm to a home. The electric fireplace TV stand also has cutouts in the back of the unit that allow the owner to slide power cords and other wires through easily instead of having to drill holes or loop the cables around to the front opening.
The stand can support the weight of TVs up to 65 inches in size and has two broad cabinets on either side of the fireplace unit. The fireplace can be controlled via a digital panel at the top of the fireplace insert. Shoppers can choose one of five color options that match the aesthetic of the home and can set the brightness of the fire to suit the current mood.
Get the Belleze electric fireplace TV stand at Amazon or Walmart.
- Dimensions: 32 inches tall by 48 inches wide by 20 inches deep
- Material: MDF
- Max TV size: 55 inches
- Fireplace display and heat can be operated separately for excellent versatility
- Built-in shelving and cabinets; can hold books, electronics, gaming systems, and more
- Unique shape takes up less floor space; corner unit can be space saving
- A variety of color options available to match a given user’s current space
- Cannot adjust brightness or heat level; may not be ideal for some shoppers
Use every bit of available space to make a small room look spacious with this Walker Edison electric fireplace corner TV stand that features warp-resistant laminated MDF and tempered glass doors. This electric fireplace TV stand has built-in cable management ports, adjustable shelves, and cupboard space to store items such as game consoles or DVDs.
The fireplace comes in a variety of color options, and it’s made to provide heat of up to 4,600 BTUs, which is enough to heat a room of about 400 square feet. It has a built-in control panel on the front of the fireplace that can operate the fireplace display and heat separately. However, it should be noted that the user cannot adjust the brightness of the fireplace display. Similarly, the heat can be set only to on or off, so shoppers cannot lower or raise the heat output of the unit.
What our tester says: Tom Scalisi, a Bob Vila staff writer and product tester, noted in The Best Electric Fireplace Heaters that this unit “offers plenty of storage with two glass-door cabinets, each of which has three shelves and a shelf above the fireplace. The top of the cabinet has a 100-pound weight capacity, which is plenty of strength to support a flat-screen TV.”
Get the Walker Edison corner electric fireplace TV stand at Amazon, Walmart, or Walker Edison.
- Dimensions: 31.77 inches tall by 47.24 inches wide by 15.87 inches deep
- Material: Laminated MDF and particleboard
- Max TV size: 50 inches
- Built-in shelving and cabinets offer additional storage and versatility
- Easy setup and maintenance; durable construction requires little effort to clean
- 5 color options to match shoppers’ current space and decor
- Compact, rectangular design is suitable for small TVs and small rooms
- Not intended for large, heavy televisions; cannot hold TVs heavier than 70 pounds
- Cannot adjust brightness or heat; may not be ideal for some shoppers’ needs
Get the ambience of a crackling fire in the comfort of the bedroom with this small Ameriwood Home Chicago electric fireplace TV stand. The TV stand comes in five color options and can support small TVs up to 50 inches in size, such as those commonly placed in the bedroom. It has an open top shelf for DVD players, game consoles, books, and other objects as well as two narrow cabinets on either side of the fireplace insert.
The electric fireplace plugs into a standard 120V electric outlet to provide heat up to 4,600 BTUs. This heat output is enough for a room of about 400 square feet. The fireplace display is turned on separately from the heater with the simple control panel, but keep in mind that the temperature and brightness cannot be adjusted.
Get the Ameriwood Home Chicago electric fireplace TV stand at Amazon, Lowe’s, or Walmart.
- Dimensions: 24 inches tall by 70 inches wide by 15.75 inches deep
- Material: Wood, glass, and metal
- Max TV size: 78 inches
- Large cabinets with adjustable shelves for storing books, gaming and electronic consoles, or DVDs
- 6 color finish options to match many shoppers’ current living room or entertainment center
- Wire cutouts for better cable management and organization
- Heats rooms up to 400 square feet; suitable for colder basements or rooms
- Broad size is not suitable for small rooms
- Cannot adjust brightness or heat; may not be ideal for some shoppers’ preferences
Depending on the home, wall mounts may not be a good idea for hanging an oversize television, but this rustic Walker Edison electric fireplace TV stand can support TVs up to 78 inches in size. The stand is made of wood, with a metal fireplace insert and glass cabinet doors, allowing shoppers to see into the cabinets on either side of the fireplace.
Choose from one of six color finishes to match the home’s aesthetics, and take advantage of the cable cutout to ensure the TV, DVD, or game console wires are organized and out of sight. This electric fireplace has basic controls on the front to turn the fireplace display on or to operate the heat. Shoppers cannot adjust brightness and heat and can only turn the features on or off.
Get the Walker Edison Simple electric fireplace TV stand at Amazon or The Home Depot.
- Dimensions: 32.3 inches tall by 59 inches wide by 13 inches deep
- Material: MDF
- Max TV size: 65 inches
- Suitable for TVs up to 65 inches; accommodates TVs of up to 110 pounds
- RGB color shelf lighting can be adjusted with the included remote
- Wire cutouts provide tidy cable management and organization
- Built-in power strip with 4 outlets for added versatility and user-friendliness
- Cannot adjust brightness or heat of the unit individually
The electric fireplace unit has two simple switches on the front to control the heat and fireplace display, allowing family members to turn the display on, even when the heat is off. This Rolanstar product does not have adjustable brightness settings or heat settings, but it comes with two open shelving units on either side of the fireplace. The shelves can be illuminated with built-in RGB lighting set to one of 20 color options with the included remote.
This electric fireplace TV stand generates enough heat to warm a 400-square-foot room, and it can support TVs up to 65 inches in size. A built-in power strip and wire cutouts make it easy to organize the cables behind the electric fireplace TV stand, putting them out of sight. Additionally, the stand has a broad shelf just above the fireplace that is ideal for a cable box or DVD player.
Get the Rolanstar electric fireplace TV stand at Amazon or Walmart.
- Dimensions: 29 inches tall by 27 inches wide by 12.4 inches deep
- Material: MDF with veneer, tempered glass, alloy steel, plastic
- Max TV size: 32 inches
- Can operate heat and fireplace display separately for extra versatility and customization
- Simple on/off controls are easy to use compared to some other options on this list
- Small size takes up little space; suitable for use in compact spaces
- Thermal cutoff feature prevents overheating and malfunction
- Can support TVs only up to 32 inches in size
- Cannot adjust brightness or heat
Electric fireplace TV stands don’t need to take up a lot of space. This product by Northwest is a great example of a small, functional design that is suited to small dens, bedrooms, or even home offices. It has two switches to control the heat output and fireplace display separately, though the switches only turn these functions on or off; they do not adjust the brightness or temperature.
The electric fireplace TV stand can hold TVs up to 32 inches in size, and this unit has a built-in thermal cutoff safety feature that will automatically turn off the fireplace to prevent overheating. Lightweight, easy to maneuver, and simple to set up, just choose a suitable location, plug it in, and turn it on for instant access to heat and a flickering fire.
Get the Northwest electric fireplace TV stand at Amazon or Walmart.
- Dimensions: 31.3 inches tall by 54.1 inches wide by 19.8 inches deep
- Material: Laminated MDF and particleboard
- Max TV size: 60 inches
- Comes with versatile remote control for quick adjustments anywhere in the room
- Ample storage space; comes with 2 cabinets and shelves for books, consoles, and other electronics
- 3 fireplace display brightness settings to accommodate different user preferences
- Adjustable temperature from 64 to 82 degrees Fahrenheit; temperature can be adjusted independent of brightness
- Some shoppers report difficult during assembly
Many electric fireplace products are designed with simple switches to turn the heat or the fireplace display on or off. They cannot be adjusted, and the user needs to walk over to the fireplace to flip the switches. However, with this Ameriwood Home electric fireplace TV stand, shoppers get a remote control with five buttons to adjust the temperature, turn the heat on or off, adjust the brightness, turn the fireplace display on or off, and set a timer.
The heater is suitable for warming up rooms that are about 400 square feet, and the TV stand has wire cutouts to make it easier to keep the cables organized. Shoppers can store items like books, video games, DVDs, and more in the two cabinets or the large open shelves. Some shoppers do mention difficulty during the assembly process for this model.
Get the Ameriwood Home Carver electric fireplace TV stand at Amazon, The Home Depot, or Walmart.
- Dimensions: 24.88 inches tall by 64.76 inches wide by 18.9 inches deep
- Material: Wood-grain laminated particleboard and MDF
- Max TV size: 70 inches
- 6 open tempered-glass shelves; provides more storage than any other option on this list
- Built-in 7-color RGB shelf lighting for a unique touch in living or entertainment rooms
- Includes a remote control for quick and easy adjustments anywhere in the space
- Fireplace brightness can be adjusted to meet multiple users’ preferences
- May scratch easily; not as durable as some comparable options on this list
This Ameriwood Home electric fireplace TV stand has a sleek, modern appearance that helps it stand out from competitors. It comes with two open shelving units on either side of the fireplace insert, and each has three tempered-glass shelves. The shelving units and the coal bed of the fireplace are illuminated by built-in RGB lighting that shoppers can control by the included remote.
Shoppers can set the light color between seven options and adjust the fireplace brightness without having to stand up from the couch. The heat output is suitable for 400-square-foot spaces, and the TV stand can hold TVs up to 70 inches in size. However, the wood grain laminated particleboard and MDF construction is vulnerable to scratches, so this product may not be the right choice for homes with kids or pets.
Get the Ameriwood Home Lumina electric fireplace TV stand at Amazon or Lowe’s.
What to Consider When Choosing an Electric Fireplace TV Stand
Don’t rush to make a decision based on an attractive picture of a product. Although style and appearance factor into the decision, there are more important product specs to consider, such as size, heat output, settings, and storage options. Keep these in mind on your hunt for the best TV stand with fireplace inserts.
One of the most important factors to research when looking for a top TV console with fireplace electric heaters is the overall size of the unit. Small products might have only a TV stand with a fireplace insert that is just a few feet wide. Other products are designed to sit in the corner of the room so they don’t take up a lot of wall space.
If buyers have the space, they can opt for much larger TV-stand products that feature shelving or cupboards on either side of the fireplace, making it easy to store DVDs, video games, game consoles, controllers, remotes, books, or other items. Shoppers will want to be sure to measure the space where the electric fireplace TV stand will be set up before purchasing the product so they can feel confident that it will fit well and look great in the chosen spot.
To find the best TV-stand fireplace for a living room, den, or even a bedroom, review the heat output of top options. Heat may not be necessary all year long, but it may be nice to turn on the simulated flames, even in the middle of summer. Some electric fireplaces can be used only with the heat, so shoppers may want to find a product with the extra element of control that allows them to turn on flames without creating heat.
Typically, electric fireplaces provide warmth through an infrared heating system, though there are also fan-forced heating units that have internal heating coils to warm up the air before it is blown into the room. The heat output of these products is often given in British thermal units (BTUs), but not every manufacturer provides this information. Instead, they may state the approximate square footage the heater is designed to warm.
This information can be used to estimate whether the heater is appropriate for a space, but buyers will want to keep in mind that many factors can affect the efficiency of the heater. For example, a carpeted room will retain more heat than a room with hardwood flooring, so the same heater will feel more effective in the carpeted space. However, if the carpeted room has several windows, heat may be able to escape through these exit routes, reducing the heat retention.
The best electric fireplace TV stands come with various settings to control the speed of the flame, the heat the unit produces, and the glow of the fireplace. The control for the settings is sometimes built directly into the electric fireplace TV stand, but some products come with remote controls that make it easy to adjust the heat or turn on the flames from across the room.
Some models allow shoppers to change the color of the flame, depending on preference. Before investing in a new electric fireplace TV stand, shoppers will want to research the available settings to find a product that suits their tastes.
Many electric fireplace TV stands include several built-in storage options. Basic fireplace TV stands consist of a top shelf for the TV and a fireplace unit that occupies the entire base. However, corner fireplace TV-stand units often feature small cupboards on either side or larger TV consoles that include multiple cupboards and shelves for storing DVDs, video game consoles, games, books, or controllers.
Consider setting up attractive decorations on open shelves or cupboards with transparent glass doors to improve the aesthetic quality of the stand. Alternatively, some electric fireplace TV stands have hidden cable storage to keep TV cables and connections organized and out of sight.
Material and Style
After measuring the selected space and finding a pool of options that fit the area, shoppers can begin to narrow the options based on the material and style they prefer for their fireplace TV stand. A black fireplace TV stand made of wood looks great in most rooms, though the dark color will show dust and dirt easily. Consumers can also opt for a medium-density fiberboard (MDF) TV stand that mimics the appearance of real wood without the weight of solid wood.
Classic TV stand styles with rustic barn door patterns are often an excellent choice for a den or living room with a more natural aesthetic. However, some electric fireplace TV stands have sleek glass shelves, built-in lighting, and smooth metal construction that is incredibly appealing in a modern decor setting, so it is easy to choose a suitable style for any home.
Many manufacturers aim to make their products stand out from competitors’ options by including extra features that aren’t required for the electric fireplace TV stand to function properly, such as remote controls, digital thermostats, and built-in lighting.
- Remote controls give the user the ability to change the speed of the flame, the glow, and the heat output from across the room instead of having to get up and walk over to the unit to make an adjustment.
- Digital thermostats improve on old dial controls because they allow the owner to set the temperature to an exact degree. These thermostats are typically built into the fireplace, but some are accessible via remote control.
- Built-in lighting is a great way to enhance the appearance of an electric fireplace TV stand. Although the fireplace provides a more natural glow, the shelves or cupboards can be backlit or fully illuminated with built-in red, blue, and green LED (RGB) lights for a more modern look.
Tips for Using Electric Fireplace TV Stands
An electric fireplace TV stand is a safe alternative to a real fireplace, but as with any heater, these units come with some risks. When shoppers choose a location for the electric fireplace TV stand, it’s important to make sure it is located close to or even directly in front of power outlets so they won’t need to run an extension cord across the room or along the wall to provide power to the electric fireplace.
We spoke to HVAC specialist Keith Wortsmith, president of Dash Heating, Cooling & Plumbing in Hot Springs, Arkansas, who provided a very helpful installation tip: “Whenever possible, place the unit against an interior wall rather than an exterior wall. Interior walls are generally better insulated and can prevent heat loss to the outside, improving efficiency.”
Additionally, an electric fireplace TV stand should be set up in a den, living room, or bedroom. Areas with high humidity, such as a laundry room, bathroom, or kitchen, are poor options because the water vapor in the air can condense within the unit, leading to electrical problems and potential electrocution hazards. Another safety factor to keep in mind before using the fireplace is that the ventilation ports need to be clear to help prevent the fireplace from overheating and burning out.
- Set up the TV stand close to existing outlets to minimize tripping hazards.
- Avoid placing electric fireplaces in areas with high humidity.
- Ensure all ventilation ports are clear before using.
For more information on features, safety concerns, and electricity consumption, take a look below to find the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about electric fireplace TV stands.
Q. What should shoppers look for in an electric fireplace TV stand?
The purpose of an electric fireplace TV stand is to support the TV, provide heat to the room, and add to the aesthetic appearance of the home. Select an electric fireplace TV stand that is the right size for the room and can support the owner’s TV. Then consider the heat output and control settings. Finally, decide on the material and style desired for the room.
Q. How much electricity does an electric fireplace TV stand use?
If owners are using only the simulated fire to illuminate the room, the cost to use the fireplace is about $0.03 per hour, but if they want to use the heating element as well, the cost can increase to about $0.09 to $0.18 per hour, or about $50 to $80 per year. Ultimately, the annual cost may vary depending on how often owners run the fireplace with and without the heating element.
Q. Are TV stands with electric fireplaces safe?
A TV stand with an electric fireplace is about as safe as any other indoor heater. These units are designed to provide either infrared or fan-forced heating, so they can be dangerous to touch during and shortly after operation. However, pet owners and parents can look for models with built-in safety features, such as cool-to-the-touch surfaces, if they are concerned about kids or pets.
Q. How can the owner make an electric fireplace look real?
The best way to make an electric fireplace look real is to add some additional decorative features to the fireplace wall. Wall coverings, custom cabinetry, and other design elements can draw the eye toward the fireplace, enhancing the appearance of the flames.
Q. Do electric fireplaces really heat a room?
An electric fireplace is essentially a heater with a simulated flame, which means that the units are effective at heating up a room. Just be sure to select an electric fireplace TV stand with a heat output that is appropriate for the size of the room.
Why Trust Bob Vila
Bob Vila has been America’s Handyman since 1979. As the host of beloved and groundbreaking TV series including “This Old House” and “Bob Vila’s Home Again,” he popularized and became synonymous with “do-it-yourself” home improvement.
Over the course of his decades-long career, Bob Vila has helped millions of people build, renovate, repair, and live better each day—a tradition that continues today with expert yet accessible home advice. The Bob Vila team distills need-to-know information into project tutorials, maintenance guides, tool 101s, and more. These home and garden experts then thoroughly research, vet, and recommend products that support homeowners, renters, DIYers, and professionals in their to-do lists.