The 5 Best Things to Buy in September, According to Retail Experts
Save big at the end of the season on grills, mattresses, appliances, and more.
Pick up summer gear, as retailers look to free up inventory in favor of new and seasonal items for fall. (With any luck, there will still be another few weeks of warm temperatures to put it all to use!) Various retailers are offering price cuts on Traeger grills, including Ace Hardware. Patio furniture is heavily discounted right now as well with the season coming to an end, including hundreds off outdoor furniture sets at Wayfair.
Read on to discover hand-picked deals across all categories, and more insight on why now is the best time to buy grills, patio furniture, appliances, mattresses, and back-to-school items.
September closes out summer, which means patio season’s days are numbered. Retailers answer by slashing prices on grills to make room for fall goods. The first half of the month is the best time to find price cuts on grills.
- Traeger Pro Series 22 Wood Pellet Grill at Ace Hardware for $499.95 (Save $100)
- Z Grills BBQ Legend 1000D3E at Z Grills for $649 (Save $229)
- Blackstone Culinary Pro 28-Inch Griddle Cooking Station at BBQ Guys for $1,299.99 (Save $200)
- Traeger Timberline 850 Wood Pellet Grill at Ace Hardware for $1,799.95 (Save $300)
Patio furniture is one of the first things you’ll find on sale as days start getting shorter, with retailers eager to offload outdoor furniture to make way for indoor home goods. With temperatures comfortable throughout much of fall, leaving you time to still enjoy your purchase this year—and its durable construction will look good as new when next summer rolls around.
- Shropshire Glass 6-Person Dining Table at Wayfair for $169.99 (Save $218.01)
- Burruss Outdoor Reversible Patio Sectional at Wayfair for $390 (Save $580)
- Hampton Bay Haymont 5-Piece Steel Wicker Outdoor Patio Conversation Deep Seating Set at The Home Depot for $617 (Save $382)
- Walker Edison Rendezvous 6-Piece Outdoor Dining Set on Amazon for $679.05 (Save $525.95)
The experts at Offers.com say September is the one of the best times to buy a mattress, as retailers heavily promote sales on them surrounding Labor Day. Brands including Casper and Tuft & Needle are currently offering great sales on best-selling models to help give you the restful night’s sleep you deserve.
- Sealy Cool and Clean 14-inch Medium Hybrid Memory Foam Innerspring Queen Mattress at The Home Depot for $879.99 (Save $220)
- Tuft & Needle Mint King Mattress on Amazon for $1,116 (Save $279)
- Birch Natural Queen Mattress at Birch for $1,699 (Save $400)
- Casper Wave Hybrid Snow King Mattress at Casper for $3,395 (Save $600)
Manufacturers will look to thin their supply of big appliances this month to make way for the newest models to market throughout the fall. Refresh your kitchen ahead of the holidays with savings on everything from refrigerators to dishwashers, or upgrade your laundry room with a new washer-dryer set.
- Frigidaire 18-inch Black Front Control Built-In Tall Tub Dishwasher at The Home Depot for $598 (Save $251)
- GE 30-inch Gas Range in Stainless Steel with Griddle at The Home Depot for $648 (Save $301)
- LG WashTower Electric Stacked Laundry Center with Washer and Dryer at Lowe’s for $1,898 (Save $801)
- Samsung Bespoke 4-Door French Door Refrigerator with Beverage Center in Rose Pink Glass at Samsung for $2,398.96 (Save $1,300)
With school mostly back in session, retailers have plenty of leftover back-to-school goods like tech and organization items they’re looking to alleviate. That means not only deals for teachers and students, but also plenty of options for the home office.