Get Involved in 2023
How to Put Your Skills to Use in Your Community
2. Sell Your Creations and Donate Proceeds to Charity
This volunteer opportunity is well suited to those who love making things but need to off-load their growing supply.
3. Get Involved With a Fix-It Cafe
4. Build little free libraries
These pop-up book nooks help build community, inspire readers, and promote literacy.
5. Fill a Community Pantry From Your Garden
7. Donate Woodworking Projects to Animal Causes
8. Paint a Mural at a Health Care Facility
Sketch your idea and send it to community health care facilities and other organizations. Your art could truly help brighten someone's day.
9. Cook for Others
Whether you bring your talents to a soup kitchen or make extra portions and deliver care packages to a lonely senior neighbor, your food is bound to be appreciated.
Get the Newsletter
Sign up to receive the best tips and tricks, the latest news and giveaways, and the most inspiring home improvement ideas from Bob Vila, America's Handyman since 1979.